Rules & FAQ
The Great Canadian Blog Bash was started as a way for Canadians involved in social media to find other Canadians to connect with online, celebrate Canadian talent and promote Canadian companies.
How it works:
- Create a Canadian themed blog post to link up for The Great Canadian Blog Bash.
- Optional– You may also host a CDN themed giveaway if you choose, please see guidelines below
- There will be six different linkys; one each for Canadian themed blog posts, Canadian sponsored giveaways, Twitter accounts, Facebook Pages and Google+ pages. You can find each of them in the tabs above.
- Link up, hop around and meet some awesome Canadians!
NOTE: Please keep your Canadian themed post and your giveaway post separate. Thank you!
- The post should have a Canadian theme but have fun with it! Introduce yourself, tell us why love Canada, share a Canadian craft, recipe, joke, video or story so we can get to know you better! It’s up to you!
- The post should include The Great Canadian Blog Bash button and a link back to this site so others can easily find us and take part.
- The product must be from a Canadian company (feel free to sponsor your own with handmade items or GC to Canadian retailers)
- It must be open to Canadians only
- The giveaway should appear as a separate post from your Canadian themed TGCBB post. Do not add your giveaway to the CDN themed post linky please.
- You can link up any time on or after the 27th, but giveaways should all end on midnight of July 11th, the end date of TGCBB.
1. What is The Great Canadian Blog Bash?
The Great Canadian Blog Bash was started as a way for Canadians involved in social media to find other Canadians to connect with online, celebrate Canadian talent and promote Canadian companies. During the two week long event participants visit each others blog posts and social media channels to meet new friends and chat with old.What Dates does TGCBB run?
2. What dates does TGCBB run?
The Great Canadian Blog Bash runs from June 27th-July 11th this year, you may link up your posts at any time during the event. All giveaways will end on July 11th, the final day.
3. Do I have to run a giveaway in order to participate?
No. We love reading Canadian themed posts! There have been many fantastic and fun photo, video, Canadian trivia and other proudly Canadian posts submitted in the past.
4. How do I link up?
Link up your blog post, giveaway, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest accounts to the linky under the tabs listed above.
5. When will the linkys go live?
12:01am June 27th 2013
6. I don’t like excluding people from my giveaways based on the country they live in. Can I have my giveaway open to residents of other countries?
We understand not wanting to exclude anyone, however this event is a way of celebrating Canadians and Canada. We believe there are a number of events and giveaways open to other countries (which many times are NOT open to Canadians) so it’s okay to have one that is just all for us!:)
7. Can I have an American company sponsor my giveaway as long as it is open to Canadians?
No. All giveaway sponsors must be Canadian to be included in TGCBB. The Great Canadian Blog Bash is our way of putting the spotlight on amazing Canadian companies and products out there.
8. How long can my giveaway run for?
Giveaways should all end on midnight of July 11th, the end date of TGCBB.
9. Who do I contact if I have a question?
You can contact us through email at tgcbb(at)hotmail(dot)ca or on one of the following Facebook/ Twitter accounts:
Nancy- @WhispersInspire or facebook.com/whisperedinspirations
Jen- @momvstheboys or facebook.com/momvstheboysblog
Deanna- @mapleleafmommy or facebook.com/MapleLeafMommy
We are always happy to hear from you, so give us a shout!